“Children are like tiny flowers; they are varied and need care, but each is beautiful alone and glorious when seen in the community of peers .”
The North Reading Public Schools offers a cost-free half-day program as well as a full-day, fee based kindergarten program in each of our elementary schools. A child, who is five years old on or before August 31st of the school year, is eligible for Kindergarten in September of that year. The North Reading Public Schools early childhood programs encompass a broad range of developmentally-appropriate learning activities. Parents are encouraged to enroll their children in kindergarten when they are age appropriate. A kindergarten parent orientation is held annually and the date is indicated on the school districts calendar. For the 2018-19 school year, the kindergarten orientation will be conducted on January 11, 2018 (snow date January 18, 2018) and will be held at the J. Turner Hood Elementary School at 6:30p.m.. Registration takes place in late January at each elementary school. For the 2018-2019 school year, registration will be conducted on January 30, 2018 (snow date Febraury 1, 2018). The registration process includes:
- Review the Kindergarten registration information letter
- A completed kindergarten registration form note: This form is fillable. Please type, print and bring with you.
- A completed tuition agreement (if applicable) note: This form is fillable. Please type, print and bring with you.
- A completed Home Language Survey
- A completed Health History form (2 pages)
- A completed Residency Statement (2 pages), and School Admission/Residency (Responsible Adult Affidavit) (if applicable)
- A birth certificate or other proof of date of birth is required at the time of kindergarten registration.
- A recent physical examination and complete immunization records (including evidence of lead screening) are required.
You may also download all of the files in one complete package here (paper copy).